The covid-19 situation and the ensuing pandemic has put a wrench into everybody’s plans. All businesses have seen severe losses of client base, profits, and expansion targets. Naturally, the campaigns or adverts in social media had to be changed to fit into normal situations. With the continuously changing buying capacities of the consumers, the business establishments had to devise new ways to manage their social media properly. Read on to know more.
Why is management important?
Although the use of apps and social media was ongoing before the pandemic, the new situation entailed increased traffic and browsing of the business sites. Especially for FMCGs, restrictions on going out presented increased visits and ordering on their sites. Here are some of the reasons why social media management became necessary;
- With all the usual channels and methods of entertainment either inaccessible or restricted, people turned to apps for staying entertained and informed while staying at home. Using social media to promote brands and induce connection with the prospective buyers was a functional way of letting the businesses run.
- Marketers are preferring the use of social media to build brands and engaging the attention of prospective buyers.
- People are choosing different avenues of social media for different content. Several social media apps hosting videos with funny intonations were accessed for entertainment by the users while staying quarantined at home.
The different approaches
This information is a clear indication of the power of social media to influence buyers worldwide. It can also be used to build new relations with existing customers. However, in this special circumstance, the brands would have to manage their social media along with all other marketing strategies in a different way. Here are some of the ways companies were observed to manage their social media presence;
- The customer states were reassessed and the new campaigns were launched that mirrored the current state of the customers which lead to exploiting additional audience opportunities.
- Engagement matrices like clicks, likes, shares, and comments were considered to be a more appropriate gauge of the customer preference profile as the people were less likely to buy anything. However, the importance of ROI was not discarded altogether.
- New content types were explored more, often not produced by a professional but rather an in-house, hands-on video about the product.
- Functionalities on the social media platform were used to determine the product feedback directly.
Engaging the attention
The customers were looking for a release from the constantly tiring state of staying at home, and social media helped in that process. So, concerns with social media campaigns that resonated with the audiences are still enjoying leads and sales from their customer base.